The Quick & Dirty:
- 9+ years in the biz, 10 messing around
- All the latest in HTML, CSS, JS & PHP (Sorry, no .net or Ruby skills yet)
- Cross-browser compatible code from Photoshop or Illustrator files.. or napkins!
- Custom Specialities in Wordpress theming & plugins, Twitter & jQuery
- Subversion, server-log analysis, and blocking hack-attempts (of late).
- Data/Project Geek. I ♥ timelines.
I’ve compiled some handy PHP functions I’ve had to whip up. More extensive code-samples are also available.
- 2013-09: Teen Life Clinic Simple 1-pager using Modernizr framework for a 'mobile first' strategy.
- 2013-05: Gateway Crossing Highly responsive theme; first time using css-transitions.
- 2013-01: Jordan Trotter Another mobile-ready site that wasn't designed to be so.
- 2013-01: Victory Pain Management
- 2012-09: Set Magazine Local magazine website, using an events plugin, and an off-the-shelf theme that I made mobile-friendly.
- 2012-08: The Giddings Group W/S's design pushed me to customize further a slideshow plugin I use frequently.
- 2012-03: The Indian Queen, Augusta, GA The site was delivered to me as 3 pages. I suggested the sliding one-page & enabled it for mobile/touch.
- 2012-02: Todd of Insurance Web-Scrolling meets Mobile Touch
- 2012-02: Allgood Pest Solutions, GA 17 subdomain-customized per-location sites totalling 250 visits/day
- 2011-04: Suzanne’s Floral Studio, Augusta, GA Features 2 custom slideshows, multiple order forms
With Wier/Stewart (full-time since June 2011)
- Westminster Schools, Augusta, GA Features 2 custom plugins & WP3 menus
- Grace Church
- Mosaic Church
With SquareCircle Design
So I’ve got an Apache2.4 server running. Having set “AllowOverrides All” in the only Directory block, I assumed the htaccess files were working. Not so. The Directory block I am using has a regex in it. Apache2 documentation says that regex’d directories are matched last. Turns out the default Directory section in the /etc/apache2/apache.conf was matching – …
Share and Enjoy
I’m not interested in starting a hosting company. But handling upwards of 50 domains for work, I get a little nervous about uptime. “There’s gotta be a simple way to do automatic failover” Famous Last Words